NEW Fix-A-Zipper™ Item #: 11289-M-38
The Dritz® Fix-a-Zipper™ is a replacement zipper slider that you can use to quickly replace a broken size 5 metal zipper slider without replacing the entire zipper.
- Ideal for jackets, coats, sleeping bags, tents, purses, duffel bags, and luggage
- Easy way to make DIY zipper repairs at home
- Fits size 5 metal zipper
- Confirm zipper is a size 5 (5mm) by measuring closed teeth with ruler or placing zipper teeth next to illustration.
- Remove broken slider using a pair of cutting pliers.
- Flip pull tab to top of slider. Insert fork of tool into middle of slider until it stops.
- To open slider, push lower jaw of slider down with tool while holding pull tab firmly; slider will open.
- For separating (open-end zippers), start at bottom of zipper and place slider above retainer box, over insertion pin; press jaws of slider firmly together. Insert box pin into top of new slider to close zipper.
- For non-separating (close-end zippers), place slider over closed zipper teeth; press jaws of slider firmly together. If teeth are completely open, place slider over one side of teeth; insert other side of teeth into slider and firmly close. Be sure teeth are completely inside the slider before closing.
Additional Product Instructions: