NEW Double-Cap Rivets Item #: 11177-65
Dritz® double-cap rivets are small 2-piece fasteners that are used to secure multiple layers of fabric, or to attach belting or straps onto bags or other items.
- The double-cap feature of these rivets provides a finished appearance on both sides of your project
- Rivets provide a no-sew solution for DIY projects with hard to reach areas and thick layers
- Rivets are suitable for fabric, vinyl, leather, canvas, belting and other materials
- Rivets are commonly used for sewing and DIY projects such as: belts, fobs, bag straps, wallets, cuffs
- Use to attach Dritz® leather labels to handmade projects
- Use Dritz® double-cap rivet tools (#11177T) to attach rivets
- Other tools needed for application: mallet; hammer or awl (optional depending upon thickness of fabric)
- Rivet caps are 8 mm and rivet post is 6 mm tall
- Package contains 24 sets of caps/posts
Tip: For best results, post of rivet must pass through all layers of the material with approximately 2 mm of post showing on back side. This will allow for a proper fit once cap is applied.
- Before starting your project, test on material matching your project to make sure application is appropriate for intended use. Work on a firm protected surface.
- Mark position of rivet on project. TIP: for thick multiple layers, mark both sides as you may have to punch from opposite side to complete the hole.
- Position cutting end of punching tool over mark. Tap tool firmly with mallet to punch hole in fabric. Use a hammer or awl if material is too thick to punch. Hole should only be large enough for post to pass through.
- Insert post of rivet through hole from right to wrong side.
- Place cap over post and snap into place. Cap will be loose until hammered.
- Center rivet on concave side of anvil; place concave end of setting tool over cap. Holding setting tool straight and firmly at base, gently hammer the two caps together.
Small parts. Keep away from children.